Sunday, September 23, 2007

Side Track


Let me just side track today, away from food. I recently watched a movie entitled "Ghosts"

The show is not about any man/woman dressing up and popping out of TV screens and scaring people. Ghost is what those Chinese immigrants call the English.

In a nutshell:

Its about a lady name Ai Xin who goes to England illegally in search providing a better life for a young son back home in China. Her Journey from China to England takes a long 6 months, and when she is there, things didn't turn out the way she expected. About 10-12 china immigrants like Ai xin, had to live in a tiny house. She had to sleep on the mattress in a small room with 4 other guys.( her rent was 25 euros per week) Anyway, so this group of people had to bribe workers at the employment agencies for a job. ....... As the movie goes...... One day the group went to pick cockles, and those english who were also there spat in their faces, kicked them, punched them, and scattered all the cockles they had worked so hard to pick.....


Like back home, here in Singapore, I believe such unfairness is happening as well. Like those foreign workers who have to work from dawn to dark under the blazing sky, and receive so little pay. And to go back to their cramped up quarters with hardly any room to walk :(
Its also about discrimination.Some Caucasians still feel to this day that they are much superior as compared to us Asians :( sad
Well no idea what am I trying to achieve by writting(typing) this out???? But I just felt like it :) Cya soon muacks

1 comment:

me.myself.and.i said...

HEY CHEOK
IM SO SORRY U HAVE TO WORK ALONE THIS FRI.
ACTUALLY I CAN WORK WIT YOU!
THAT IS IF U BOOK FOR ME!
HAHAHA MY LAST TIME WORKING COS I AM DYING MY HAIR ON SAT SAT SAT