Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kim Gary...

I ate at Kim Gary just yesterday. Kim Gary is a chain of restaurants, some of which are Hong Kong Cafes, others serve Korean or other cuisines. They can be found in Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.


I patronized the one at Vivocity. (Hong Kong Kim Gary Restaurant)


Where? #02-218 VivoCity, 1 HarbourFront Walk.

The food: I had a pork chop baked rice, which was served in a Bamboo basket (those dim sum ones). It was quite tasty, but not my favorite baked rice. The pork was a little tough, had a hard time biting into it. I had one with cream sauce, and the sauce had corn in it, in fact, majority of the dishes on the menu had corn, corn and more corn, wonder why. I tried some of the Black Pepper beef sauce, and did not like it, it did not have a black peppery taste, tasted more like a black bean sauce.

The french toast had peanut butter in between, loads of maple syrup and butter, I felt i was just eating bread soaked in butter, it was too oily but otherwise nice.

My friend had the peanut butter, condensed milk toast, tooooo sweet!
The servers mostly speak mandarin so if you don't know mandarin then .....
Verdict? Just an okay place with okay food.



1 comment:

ziggyzag said...

I usually order that typhoon shelter noodles with chicken chop (special order) coz they either top it with pork chop or chicken wings, pork no for me, chicken wings not when it comes with the soupy noodles...their milk tea is also good...but haven't tried the branch in Vivo but definitely the ones in Msia hoho....