Thursday, October 4, 2007

Going Nuts about Donuts



Move aside Bubble tea, Get out of the way coffee buns, donuts are the new stars. I really wonder, why are sooooo many Sinagporeans all of a sudden crazy of donuts? I remember we use to have Dunkin Donuts in Singapore,then for a long time, donuts seem to have disappeared from our island till recently when any Singaporeans are going nuts about donuts. Waiting in line for 3 hours is it worth the wait????



It was 2pm on a weekday, where people should be in their offices typing away, doing work, but No, instead I saw many office workers waiting in a ridiculously long line for donuts. I am not against donuts, neither am i mad about them. At most I am only willing to wait 5min 3hours, I rather not eat, at least I can save my money, and won't need to pile on the extra pounds. How long can donuts retain their new found fame, or will they have to make way for a new star?? who knows.


Okay so I could not resist but try out some donuts myself.


The most recent one I had was from Munchy Donuts.

To tell you the truth, I can't tell the difference between donuts I have tried, the only difference is the flavours. My Fave ones from Munchy are the Silly-mon (cinnamon on white chocolate) and the Oreo one. I don't really fancy those with cream in the centre, makes the donuts extremey sweet. The reason I went to try Munchy donuts is because 8-days said Munchy was No. 1 (the power of media -.-)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I remeber how we were so deprived of Donuts becoz other than the local bakeries, Doughnuts joints disappeared. Remember how crazy we were when we were in Msia and Thailand when we spotted a Dounghnut joint? oooo ...Carbo and calories!!!